Tuesday, July 5, 2011

7 miles

I made it through 7 miles this past Saturday! It was a rough one! I struggled on the last mile. There is something about the sun beating down on my that just makes my heart rate shoot up and I seem to not be able to control my breathing! However......I made it through it and that is all that matters at this point! :) I think I mentioned before that I bought a hydration back pack and did not like it. No matter how much air I tried to squeeze out of it before a run, I still had to fight air pockets as I'm panting and gasping for water! It was wayyy too much of a fight for only two or three drops here and there. So I decided to leave the back pack to the hikers and bikers! So I bought a hydration belt instead. I cant say that I enjoyed that experiance too much either. I still have bruises around my waist and a sore on my back from the belt rubbing me raw! It didnt really bother me much until about my 4th mile. Thats when the pain set it. If I loosened it, it would flap around everywhere; if I tightened it, it hurt the places that already had injury even more. Needless to say, I still had the receipt and took it back immediately after my shower!! I have decided to just get a hand held water bottle! I do not think there is much of a chance that it will cause bruising, abrasions, or pose a need to fight for the contents within it!
I also bought a stationary bicycle, elliptical, and a new treadmill over the weekend! Very excited about haveing more availability to get quick cross training sessions in! Now maybe my "I cant run" husband will be able to do workouts with me!
Over and out for now.....will be back post-8mile!

No comments:

Post a Comment